The passion fruit, also known as passion fruit, its consumption gives us large amounts of vitamin A and C. We know then the main benefits of passion fruit for health.
As we said, passion fruit is a fruit rich in vitamin C, powerful antioxidant agent that prevents the appearance of free radicals in the body. Strengthens the immune system and prevents premature aging. The fresher it is, the more effective its effects will be.
Passion fruit seeds and pulp contain large amounts of fiber. Therefore, when preparing juices do not eliminate this part of the fruit. You will be consuming a large amount of this nutrient to the body, which will be excellent for the proper functioning of your digestive system.
One of the most abundant nutrients in passion fruit is iron. If you take it with some other vegetable such as broccoli or beets you will have the necessary daily amounts of that mineral. The vitamin C that it contains helps in turn the absorption of iron by the body.
The passion fruit contains substances called flavonoids that are very effective in protecting the body from heart disease. The consumption of this fruit favors, in general, the health of the heart.
BENEFITS OF PASSION FRUIT
The main benefits of passion fruit for health include:
• Ingestion significantly reduces blood pressure.
• It is an excellent food for people who are making diets to lose weight.
• Helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
• It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which is why people with rheumatoid arthritis should include it in their diets.
• It is a diuretic that helps eliminate toxic substances from the body, as well as promotes the urinary system.
• Helps to treat depression and some altered states of the nervous system.
• Passion fruit juice combats the growth of malignant cells in the body.
• Some of its compounds have antibacterial properties, therefore, it helps to fight attacks of microbes in the organism.
WAYS TO CONSUME EL PASSION FRUIT
Some of the ways to consume passion fruit are:
• Raw fruit: cut the fruit in two and with a spoon you are eating the pulp and seeds, avoiding the crust.
• Put the pulp and seeds in a blender with a little cold water and you will get an excellent juice.
• You can combine your pulp with other fruits and achieve a tasty and nutritious salad.
• It is used to prepare jams, jellies and syrups.
• And in the kitchen, I recommend using it to prepare cakes, pies, ice cream and other desserts.